Welcome to SPOTTURNS page, Greetings from my side with following link GATE HAND WRITTEN NOTES.

Sunday 19 July 2015

The Intimidating 3rd Semester, EEE, VTU

The Intimidating 3rd Semester, EEE, VTU



Hi folks, here I have given my honest opinion about things that bother a 3rd semester EEE student (VTU)....

Engineering Mathematics-3 (M3) is the easiest of all the four we study in engineering.
Honestly I referred Dr. K S C's Engg Math-3 Book. It is very Good and is beautifully written and structured for the subject conforming to syllabus.

> Analog Electronics Circuits (AEC) was my fav subject in 3rd sem. The referred the book "Electronic Devices and Circuit Theory", 9th Edn, Boylestad and Nashelsky, Pearson Publication It is a well written book .

Logic Design (LD) is an easy subject but tricky remember. Study it well. The referred two books, one by Yarbrough and another by Donald D Givone. Both are excellently written no doubt, but Givone is a better one.

Network Analysis (NA) is another subject which brought me joy. The referred to a book by Dr Ganesh Rao which is a good option. But, honestly this is subject which requires not only a well written book but one with lots and lots of problems (solved and unsolved). Practice is the key for success in this subject. 

Electrical Measurements (EM) is a good subject often neglected by most students since they consider it to be boring theory and non-mathematic. It actually is the subject which lays strong foundations for sound knowledge in our field. The reference a book by Bakshi. But i will ask you to read a better book like A K Sawhney.

Electrical Power Generation (EPG) was the easiest subject of the semester. The book by Chakraborti, Soni, Gupta and Bhatnagar. Most important thing you should remember is to learn to draw good diagrams...I loved drawing and I still do...:)

Analog Electronics Lab and Logic Design Lab (AECL and LDL) are probably the best labs in engineering. It is good. I liked working with tiny components and ICs (minus my sluggish team).
Refer a good manual given by your college or here I will post one shortly...

ALL THE BEST


No comments: